STEM Support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
The STEM Ambassador Hub West England is operational during this time. To discuss the needs of schools, youth organisations and STEM Ambassadors in the West England area please contact the team on email@example.com.
STEM for All
The STEM Ambassador Hub West England supports the delivery of a diverse and exciting range of STEM programmes for young people throughout our region*:
- We support teachers and other member of staff in state-funded schools – whatever the STEM ambition is for your school, big or small, we can help you achieve it.
- We provide guidance for community groups looking to include STEM activities and STEM volunteers as part of their programme of activities for young people.
- We work with careers leaders and organisations providing careers IAG to help them work with our STEM volunteers to deliver a strong message about opportunities in STEM.
- We promote the message that STEM is something everyone can participate in, both now and in the future. This might be through STEM specific career routes, as well as an engaged citizen.
- We are committed to making STEM available to all young people, regardless of sex, disability, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Here are a selection of the STEM programmes we are currently involved with:
A tailored package of support for primary schools in the Greater Bristol area, in collaboration with UWE Bristol.
To encourage more young people, especially girls, to get involved in computing and cyber activities, and raise awareness of cyber careers.
Supporting the delivery of Big Bang Fairs in the west of England in order to reach a diverse audience of young people from across the region.
Aspire to STEM
Bespoke, flexible and focused selection of CPD and inspiration support for teachers and education leaders in Swindon and West Somerset.
Work With us to Help deliver STEM For All
With access to thousands of volunteers and many years experience of delivering STEM projects with young people, the STEM Ambassador Hub West England is one of the leading STEM support organisations in the UK.
* Our region is West England and includes the local authorities of Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole, Dorset, Wiltshire, Swindon, Somerset, North Somerset, Bath & North East Somerset, City of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire.
If you are looking for support from a hub in another region, click on the map to be taken to a list of contacts.