STEM for All
The STEM Ambassador Hub West England supports the delivery of a diverse and exciting range of STEM programmes for young people throughout our region*:
- We support teachers and other member of staff in state-funded schools – whatever the STEM ambition is for your school, big or small, we can help you achieve it.
- We provide guidance for community groups looking to include STEM activities and STEM volunteers as part of their programme of activities for young people.
- We work with careers leaders and organisations providing careers IAG to help them work with our STEM volunteers to deliver a strong message about opportunities in STEM.
- We promote the message that STEM is something everyone can participate in, both now and in the future. This might be through STEM specific career routes, as well as an engaged citizen.
- We are committed to making STEM available to all young people, regardless of sex, disability, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
Here are a selection of the STEM programmes we are currently involved with:
DETI Inspire engages children in primary and secondary education across the West of England, connecting children with real-life, diverse engineering role models to widen participation and aspirations for STEM careers.
We support our local ENTHUSE Partnerships, working with employers to help improve young people’s attainment and engagement in STEM subjects and develop awareness and understanding of STEM careers.
A tailored package of support for primary schools in the Greater Bristol area, in collaboration with UWE Bristol.
Training STEM Ambassadors to be mentors for this Cyber Security competition, and providing the tech support for team leaders and their teams
Working with employers, professional bodies, delivery partners, education providers and academia from Bristol, Bath and the West of England region to build a diverse future workforce with the right cyber skills across the South West.
West of England Mentoring
Working with WEM to train STEM Ambassadors to mentor students aged 12-15 to help raise aspirations, follow their interests and make plans for the world of work.
Sustainable Transport Challenge
A sustainable transport challenge for KS2/3 STEM clubs, thanks to support from the IET and the Engineering Education Grant Scheme
Youth Engineering for Environmental Sustainability Summit
Supporting discussions with sixth form students to help them explore the vital role engineering has to play in fighting the climate crisis, and the local issues they might face.
Work With us to Help deliver STEM For All
With access to thousands of volunteers and many years experience of delivering STEM projects with young people, the STEM Ambassador Hub West England is one of the leading STEM support organisations in the UK.
* Our region is West England and includes the local authorities of Bournemouth, Christchurch & Poole, Dorset, Wiltshire, Swindon, Somerset, North Somerset, Bath & North East Somerset, City of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Gloucestershire.
If you are looking for support from a hub in another region, click on the map to be taken to a list of contacts.